Friday, August 11, 2006

Update on Evan

This morning we loaded up the three boys at 7:00. We dropped the two little ones off at Grandma and "Bumpa"'s house for the morning while Evan and I went off to the oral surgeons. His appointment was to be at 7:30, but of course, they were running late (already??) and he went back at 7:45. The doctor talked to him about the different options for anesthia and Evan chose the "space mask" option. (General anestheia by a mask, no injections.) 45 minutes later I had him loaded up in the van on the way home! 45 minutes after that he was on blankets on the deck playing chess with his chess club buddies! He had to take a couple of breaks to throw up, but went right on back out to chess. When he was on the recovery table with his mouth full of gauze his first words were "can I still play chess?" :) My little chess nerd. He's having peanut butter and jelly sandwich, teddy grahams and a popsicle for lunch. I think he'll be fine! :) Thanks for the encouraging words and prayers this morning. The doc said that he did great and didn't fuss and fight like some kids do when they're nervous.

4 comments:

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

I KNEW he was a trouper! Sorry he has an upset tummy, though. Is that an after-affect of the anesthesia?

Tooz said...

Boy, I'm glad that's over, and I know you are too. I hope everything continues to go well. Love you

Anonymous said...

Good job, Evan! (chess nerd) :D

-Tim's mom

ann said...

"Bumpa"! HA!