Friday, April 27, 2007

Not even trying

I'm not even trying to catch everyone up on my life in the past week. I've been a stinky blogger and I'm just jumping in where we are! We've had plenty of cute kid quotes, only one of which I remember off hand. Evan was in the midst of discipline a few nights ago (again). Jim quoted him a verse that was perfectly convicting in the area of the offense. Evan said, "I don't think I like that verse very much!" Toby and Aidan both do and say things that crack me up, but of course I can't remember them. Avery had her 2 month shots on Wednesday. She slept from noon to six today and went to bed peacefully just now at 8:00 pm. I hate to say it out loud, but we may have turned a corner. Earlier in the week we had two nights of 3-4 hours of blood curdling screaming her head off crying. Today, nothing. She's been on zantac since Jim's mom died over a week ago and it does seem to have helped.

As for the funeral, it was nice. We had to sit in the front row which with a 6 year old and a 3 year old isn't as fun as you might think. I finally bribed Aidan that he could have dessert after the dinner if he sat still and was quiet for the rest of the funeral. Yes, in MN we have a dinner after a funeral. A musical called "Church Basement Women" refers to it as the "dead spread". The Lutheran church basement women did not disappoint! I had over 5 dozen ham and turkey sandwiches and 5 tubs of different types of salad (two had jello as their main ingredient) left over. Schaeffer got a nice lunch the next day!

We have all been doing really well with the loss of Grandma. Evan has been extra sassy and squirrly. Toby has been extra clingy. Aidan has been extra good. He even mentioned that he misses Grandma. He says his favorite thing to do with Grandma was to play cards. I'll see if I can find the picture of them. It's really cute!

Anway, that's it from our end of things!

1 comment:

Tooz said...

I'm glad things are going well in MN right now. Of course, it's a lot like KY weather. Just when you think everything has straightened out, it changes. We love you, and I hope you have a nice lull in the storm!