Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Aidan's take on life

I have two hilarious quotes from Aidan that I've debated blogging about here. I decided to just go ahead and share. If I offend, so sorry, but hey, I can't make this stuff up!

The first one came a few weeks ago. We'd had a speaker at MOPS sharing about how to talk with your children about the birds & the bees, starting with just giving them correct termiology for body parts. I decided that I should just tell the boys that Avery has a v*gina and that it is different from their p*nis. (Shrouding actual terms to avoid sickos from finding these stories, sad, but they're out there.) Anyway, a few days later Aidan and Toby were watching Avery get her diaper changed. Aidan wondered when Avery was going to get her p*nis. I told him that Avery wasn't going to get one, but that she had private parts called a v*gina which is inside her body. A while later I heard him explaining this to his brother. "I have a p*nis, but Avery's is 'in China'!!!" It is soooo hard to try to explain things like this when you're on the floor laughing your head off!!!

The next cute Aidan-ism came just this afternoon. We were at Mel's house for lunch and her newborn decided it was time for lunch too. One thing to note here, I am a white girl through and through. Mel is half Mexican and has a darker complexion. Aidan noticed that Mel looks different than I do and wondered, "Is Ananiah getting chocolate milk?" We were laughing so hard we were crying!!! It was a good thing our friend Mercy who is African-American wasn't there for this one!!!

4 comments:

Tooz said...

David said he hoped you were saving these quotes in some archival safe, non-electronic way, so that you could use them as ammo against the boys when they get older. Like, "Shall I tell your friends about Avery and China, or will you mow the lawn?"

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

LOL! This post was great! And I agree with Mr. Dave - these stories would make great ammo. LOL!

Tooz said...

I shared the story about China with some friends (all older than I) who do volunteer work with me. They thought it was hilarious!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

ROFLMBO!!!!! That is hilarious!!!