Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday

I have a van with two sliding doors. LOVE IT!! Will not go back to a single side slider. Anyway, I also have 4 kids. When I unbuckle them, as I go around to get more out I have the kids "stand on the line" of the parking lot so they're not running around and trying to get themselves run over. If the line has been worn off, I have them stand on a crack or touch the door. Then when we're all lined up and ready to go I tell them they can walk! This really works for me. It gives me a peaceful start to most any trip we take (of course, that doesn't help the rest of the trip, but at least we've started out on a good foot!)
Head over to Rocks In My Dryer for other great tips!

3 comments:

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

Great idea! I'm always trying out new tricks to keep the girls from running willy-nilly!

Meliss said...

Good idea!

Searching for my Sanity or Jen...whichever you prefer... said...

ya know that is a good idea! my sensory child is so impulsive and has NO fear at all. I will try that!

Jenna