Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Especially Heather

I met Heather through a series of blog links and also in person when she visited our church last spring. She is fighting (and I do mean FIGHTING) brain cancer. She wrote this and since my brain is too fried from lack of sleep and getting ready for Thanksgiving I decided to just link you up to her blog so you can read it yourself. It reminds me of the whole vision of the Christian school where my husband has given 13 years of his life and where my son is a second grader. Christian Worldview. God should not live in a box to be taken out on Sunday morning and maybe Wednesday night. He should not be tucked away when we are not in church. All of life is to be lived with a Christian perspective. When I'm washing dishes, when I'm taking out the garbage, feeding the chickens and children, changing diapers, doing laundry or any of the million mundane tasks I can use those as opportunities for prayer and thanksgiving! No, I'm not perfect and many who read these words on their screens will be laughing their heads off at these words coming from my fingertips! The Christian walk is just that, a walk. It isn't a destination I can arrive at in this lifetime. So, with that in mind, I will go take care of some bitty bitties. They are my job, my vocation, my calling, my blessings to treasure and care for in this life. Head over to read Heather's post from this week. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: