Friday, April 11, 2008

Oh No

Our house is officially for sale. So, with three kids running around the house all day and one crashing his way into the house after school, I'm keeping a house "show ready". That means basically making it look like nobody lives here. So, yesterday at 1:00 I got a call from a realtor asking if he could show the house. At 1:30. Which, as any mother of pre-schoolers knows is right smack dab in the middle of nap time. But, as anyone who has ever tried to sell a house knows, you don't tell a realtor who may have your new buyer in his office that he can't show your house! So, while the kids were in their beds I did a quick "dash and stash". I tossed the few dishes into the dishwasher and ran a quick swipe over the counters. Really, the house stays in pretty good show ready condition. So, I was trying to stash my dirty coffee pot in the cupboard and low and behold I broke the pot. Dropped it on the floor shattering it everywhere. No problem, a quick sweep and the problem was solved.
Except for the fact that I DO NOT HAVE A COFFEE POT NOW!!! And for someone with a two pot a day habit, that's a problem. (No, it's just a 4 cup mini-pot that makes 2 mugs, not one of the big 12 cup pots, I'm not that bad!)
Oh, and Jim's car did not start this morning. So I cannot even run to McD's and get some crummy coffee because he took my van. And of course if we get a call from a realtor I have to cram us all in the Corolla, hope it starts for me and park down the (mostly private) dirt road. Should be a fun day. No coffee. No vehicle. No brain cells left. Woo Hoo! Come on over and play! Please.....

2 comments:

Anne said...

Did Jim at least bring you a coffee on his way home?

Anonymous said...

Tara! I "rediscovered" your blog and am sitting here by myself laughing out loud at how you've written about the goings-on at your place. seriously, you've got mad writing skills! I'm praying for your house to sell quickly.

Hopefully we can hang out next week when spring is rumoured to arrive to stay...