Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday Night Reflections

Psalm 29:3-5

The voice of the Lord echos above the sea.
The God of glory thunders.
The Lord thunders over the mighty sea.

The voice of the Lord is powerful;
the voice of the Lord is majextic.

The voice of the Lord splits the mighty cedars;
the Lord shatters the cedars of Lebanon.

For the past 30is hours I've been at Camp Victory about 20 minutes from home at our women's retreat. In addition to a time of fun, fellowship, food and getting to know new women (which I wasn't prepared to do but was blessed to be able to connect with women who I don't normally get to). I came away with a newly decorated candle, a prettily covered journal and 2 1/2 pages of hand written notes from a 30 minute quiet time we were to have. The above verses spoke to me and the Lord reminded me of one small truth. The same voice that thunders over the sea in such a powerful and mighty way is the same one that whispers my name in love. Thank you, Lord, for whispering my name.

*********
And on a totally unrelated note. Scruff had kittens today. The one day I'm gone and the cat gives birth. Three little kittens.

No comments: