Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tonight's menu

Tonight on the menu we have BBQ chicken pizza and salad. I'm making a plain ol' cheese pizza for the kids because, as Aidan would say, "we're boring".

How do you make a BBQ chicken pizza you ask? Why I'm happy to tell you!

Take:
1 prepared pizza crust (splurge once in a while and get the Boboli whole wheat)
top with 3/4 cup bbq sauce (if I were back in my hometown I'd get Cookies, but alas, I am not) and set aside.

Add 2 cups chopped or shredded chicken cooked and mixed with 1/4 cup bbq sauce.

Top with 1/4ish chopped red onion and 2ish green onions. We don't like onions much so we just use a small sprinkling.

Spread 1/2 wheel of Gouda cheese and 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425 for about 12 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty.

I double the toppings, put them in freezer baggies and make a "kit" to pull out in the future. Then I don't have 1/2 a wheel of Gouda smelling up my fridge!

No comments: