Saturday, August 02, 2008

Party Time!


Yeah, a new post from Tara!

I am in need of some creative inspiration. Summer has sapped every living brain cell I have left and I need your help! Aidan has been an avid finger sucker now for coming up on five years. He sucked the middle two fingers of the right hand. Since it was more than one finger he didn't get a tight seal and I've spent the last years of my life wishing there was a chalkboard I could go scrape my fingernails down instead of listening to that slurping sucking sound! This summer I think he was finally ready to give up on his habit so I helped him along. I bandaged up the offending fingers, wrote on the bandaid "no no" and drew a smily face and a donut. Why a donut? Well, I also promised him that if he could quit I would have a donut party for him!

So, this is where you come in. Beyond just having some friends over for a playdate and serving donuts, what else can we do? Maybe a game or a craft project to make it a little more memorable for him and to celebrate his giving up the fingers!

Okay, hit me with your best "donut party" ideas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not start with plain, unfrosted cake-type donuts? Provide some colored frosting; white, chocolate, pink; and colored sprinkles, etc? Let the guests decorate their own?

Melanie, Who am I ? said...

You mean the donuts aren't for us?

ann said...

Possibly something Simpsons related? They're not always the best influences, though...

Monica said...

We used to play a game where the donut was suspended by a string. A person laid on the floor and tried to eat the donut without it falling off. It was hard, I remember, but fun.